Monday 1 April 2013

36 day spending ban....

Sooooooo I am now officially on count down for my trip to the USA.
For those of you that don't know, my other half is living in the states for a year and on May 7th I fly out to see him for a week.
Its only my 2nd time in the states, first was a trip to see him in November last year.

Not long to go until he's home for good though, only 4 more months! Yay!

Anyway. ... he surprised me with a mini trip to New York while I'm there as an early 30th birthday present  (30 in October.....eek!)  Its been on my "want to visit" list for years, so I'm very excited that I get to go.

In preparation for my New York trip, I have decided that I am going on a spending ban between now and then.
I want to take around $1000 with me because I have a long shopping list, so its a case of save, save, save!! Plus, as he's paid for the trip I'd like to treat him to a few things.
We have 3 days when I arrive in Minnesota then we fly to NYC for 3 days then back to MN for my final 2 days.

Its lucky I work as a Branch Manager for a foreign exchange company as my day to day because I get a better rate on my currency....... phew!

The spending ban is quite a mini one compared to some I've seen, but it all helps right?

So,  I am only allowed to spend on the following:
Travel to and from work
Cat food
Phone bill
Essential household bills
Essential toiletries that I may run out of, toothpaste,  deodorant etc...
Regular groceries *no treats*

I vow to stick to this for the next 36 days until I leave......... wish me luck!

P.s do you have any suggestions for things to buy, places to go etc? ?

Much love
UG
X

1 comment:

  1. How cool! Have fun you both. :)

    P.S. I am having an OPI Giveaway on my blog. Do check!
    thefemininecrusade.com
    x

    ReplyDelete