Tuesday 5 March 2013

Skin sins!!!

Hello again!

I've been wanting to do a post about skin sins for a while but as I usually am quite OCD with skincare I haven't been in a position to write it......until this very moment that is.

My skincare routine is pretty good. My current routine is. ... cleanse (Philosophy Purity Cleanser), tone (Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic), moisturise (Philosophy Hope in a Jar),  and exfoliate (Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant).
I also include various facial oils (Clarins Lotus Oil or Decleor Iris Oil) when I need them as well as drinking lots if water.
The only thing I need to include regularly is a good eye cream. **if you have recommendations let me know**

I rarely commit *crimes against skin* because now I'm approaching 30, I feel like I need to really look after my skin.

Then......tonight, it happened.  The ultimate skin skin (or one of).
I took my makeup off with. ......... BABY WIPES!!!

Let me explain. ... its 11.30 pm ish and I've just returned from a trip to A&E.
I really just wanted my bed,  which is where I am as I write this.
In the bathroom,  merrily brushing teeth, I spied the baby wipes.

"Dont do it!!" Screamed my face.....too late,  there I went, rubbing away.

Not only did they do a rubbish job, my face now feels tingly in the not-so-good way and its dry as sand.

Why?? Why did I do it???
Sheer laziness,  yes. But really,  its no excuse.

Lesson learned!  No matter how late,  how sick and how lazy I feel....do not reach for the wipes!!!
Its got me thinking though, we all must have these monents no matter how dedicated we are to our routine, no?

So, what skin sins do you commit and why?

Much love
UG
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment