Thursday 7 March 2013

Nivea Lip Butter - Review

I've been having real lip issues lately. They've been dry and flakey and really irritating for the last week or so and I've been practically eating my way through my Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream!

I was doing my usual potter around Boots,  not really looking for anything in particular while waiting for a prescription and I came across this Nivea Lip Butter.

I've not seen them before and the idea of a butter on my lips didn't really appeal because I thought it would be too heavy and goopy but I was pleasantly surprised.

They only had "original" which smells exactly like the Nivea face cream my grandma used to use and the "vanilla and macadamia" which is the one I purchased.

It has a really thick but creamy texture and  although it takes a little time to sink in, it does a great job of moisturising the lips and softening any dry bits.

You do really have to rub it in because the texture is an odd one and it can leave your lips looking like they're just covered in a random cream.
It does have any glossy properties so it's a "does what it says on the tin" product,  quite literally!

I paid around £1.35 I think for a 19ml tin, but a little goes a long way and its super handy to have in your handbag or  pocket.

My lips have really improved so its doing its jobs. Obviously a little more pricey than a regular chap stick, but I think its worth the extra pennies and my lips are happy!

UG
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment